Pregnancy Yoga – is taught by Sarah Newling, a qualified pre and postnatal yoga teacher and birth doula (childbirth support companion)
The classes are designed to:
- Rest and nourish your body and your baby through all stages
- Stretch and ease discomforts associated with pregnancy
- Connect with yourself, your baby and other mothers in the area
- Improve physical and mental strength, agility and endurance for pregnancy and birth
- Learn postures and breathing techniques to support childbirth and carry into motherhood
- Feel assured that all poses are safe and beneficial – take this knowledge into your other classes
A note from the teacher – “Pregnancy and birth are not an illness (even though you might feel very sick at times!) It is a period of extraordinary transition, which requires carefully tailored support to optimise your experience and wellbeing. These classes will provide a soothing sanctuary away from the busy day-to-day and give you tools to prepare for labour, birth and beyond.”
Sarah is a mother of two, specialised prenatal yoga teacher and birth doula with the Australian Doula College.
6 Week Prenatal Yoga series @ Cammeray Yoga, Thursday mornings (75 mins) 9:30 – 10:45am
CONTACT & BOOKINGS
Private pregnancy yoga session – develop your own home practice
Yoga is a wonderful way to support the extraordinary changes during pregnancy. At Cammeray Yoga we offer private pregnancy yoga sessions that are dedicated to support your wellbeing during pregnancy and beyond.
These individual sessions are designed to support all stages of your pregnancy. The practices offered are gentle, yet strong and steady, breath focused. They are tailored to support all that you are experiencing during your pregnancy. The sessions will also prepare you physically and emotionally for birth and your transition to motherhood.
During these one-hour sessions you will learn:
- how to optimise your health and wellbeing with a breath centred practice
- learn asana sequences to support good posture, build strength and relieve physical tension (eg back pain)
- build body awareness and mindfulness utilising the practices of Yoga to promote self care and restore balance
- breath and relaxation techniques to support your emotional wellbeing and preparing for birth.
A private session ensures personalised care plus you are provided with a practice that you can do at home. Your teacher is trained and experienced in working with pregnancy and has first hand personal experience in practicing yoga during pregnancy.
- If you are interested in the development of a home Yoga practice during your pregnancy feel free to Contact us
For all other classes Click here to download our current timetable
B AppSc (Nursing), B Psych, M Psych, Adv Dip Yoga Teaching, Ayurveda Lifestyle Certificate, Perinatal Mental Health Course (USyd), Registered Psychologist, Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Australia Member
Lisa’s experience in Yoga began in 1995, immediately she was excited by the extent of what Yoga offered her personally and to others. Her understanding and personal practice has since been strongly influenced by the teachings as translated by Sri T Krishnamacharya. She is committed to ongoing studies, attending Yoga workshops and has been personally guided by a number of brilliant teachers, including TKV Desikachar, Saraswati Vasudevan (YogaVahni), Michael de Manincor (The Yoga Institute), Dr Ganesh Mohan (Svastha Yoga) and AG and Indra Mohan (Svastha Yoga). She completed an Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training (The Yoga Institute), has specialist training in Pre and Post-natal yoga (KYM and IYTA) and is trained and registered as a Yoga Therapist (Yoga Australia, YA & International Association of Yoga Therapists, IAYT)
Lisa values individuality and working with students to facilitate a better understanding of their unique and changing needs to enable good health and a fulfilling life. Originally a Registered Nurse, working with neonates, Lisa has also completed a Masters of Psychology (Counselling). Lisa lives with her husband and three children. She is currently based at The Yoga Institute (Sydney) / Cammeray Yoga where she is available for Private consultations, Yoga mentoring and Yoga classes.